Skip to content
- 1 cup rajma (kidney beans)
- 2 big/3medium sized tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- A pinch of asafoetida powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Wash and soak rajma overnight.
- Boil the rajma with 3 cups water
- Make a paste of onion, ginger and garlic
- Purée the tomatoes
- In the pan, add oil, asafoetida powder and onion, ginger, garlic paste. Fry till the paste is light brown
- Add tomato purée and cook till oil separates
- Add turmeric powder, salt and chilli powder
- Cook till the masala is fully cooked and the oil separates
- Add rajma and the water it was boiled in
- Cook on low flame for 30 minutes
- Adjust the gravy as per requirement.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.