Skip to content
- 1.5 cups atta (whole wheat flour)
- 1.5 cups spinach
- 1/2” ginger
- 1 small green chilli
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil for kneading the dough
- Oil for cooking
- Wash spinach and drain completely
- Blend it in a mixer with ginger and chilli to a fine paste and set aside
- Add the purée to the flour along with salt
- Knead together to make a dough (add a little water if the dough is dry or add a little flour if the dough is sticky)
- Add 1 tbsp oil and knead well to make a soft pliable dough
- Make 8 equal sized balls
- Set this aside for 30 minutes and cover them
- Flour the rolling area and flatten a ball. Sprinkle flour.
- Roll it to make slightly thick palak paratha.
- Sprinkle flour over the paratha as needed to prevent sticking. It has to be slightly thicker than roti.
- Heat a tawa until hot enough. Transfer a paratha to the tawa.
- When the paratha begins to get bubbles, flip to the other side
- Gently press down the paratha with a spatula to puff it. Cook until golden spots appear
- Once done, smear a little ghee and serve hot