- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour (160 gm)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and whisk together then set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk the buttermilk, egg and vanilla together. Stir in the melted butter.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until combined
- Place a tsp of butter in a large pan over medium high heat
- Once melted and bubbling, add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake
- Cook for a few minutes until golden then flip over and cook an additional minute.
- Add more butter as you make additional pancakes.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.