Chicken Thukpa (Tibetan Noodle Soup)
For the Stock –
- 400 gm bone in chicken
- 2 litres water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 7-8 garlic cloves
For the Paste –
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/2” pieces of ginger
- 1 bird’s eye chilli
- 1 tsp Schezwan pepper
For the Thukpa –
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 6 French beans, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups boiled noodles
- Boiled and shredded chicken
- 2 tsp fresh green chillies
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Spring onion greens
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Boil the ingredients for stock for about 1 hour.
- Switch off the flame and strain the stock.
- Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Make a paste of the ingredients given under “to make a paste” and set aside
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok.
- Once the oil is hot, add the paste and sauté for 3-4 minutes on high flame.
- Add carrot, cabbage, French beans.
- Sauté for a minute and add the chicken stock.
- Boil for 7-8 minutes
- Now we have to assemble the thukpa.
- Divide the noodles into 4 bowls
- Top up the bowls with stock.
- Add boiled and shredded chicken
- Drizzle 1 tsp of chilli soy sauce which is made by adding finely chopped green chillies to soy sauce
- Garnish with spring onions and chopped coriander leaves