Vanilla Sponge Cake
- 3 egg yolks
- A pinch of salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites and put in 2 separate bowls.
- Add salt and vanilla extract to egg yolks.
- Whisk well and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, mix egg whites for 1 minute, add 1/3 of the sugar and beat.
- Add the remaining sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg yolk mixture and slowly combine thoroughly.
- Sift flour into the mixture.
- Gently fold from bottom to top until all the flour is incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and milk.
- Add this mixture to the batter and fold in.
- Pour this mixture into a 15cm round pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 30 minutes.