- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Once it sizzles, add green chillies and onion. Sauté till onion turns brown.
- Add tomato and salt, reduce heat and cook covered for 2-3 minutes
- Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well
- Add oats, 4 cups of water and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp coriander leaves and mix well
- Serve hot garnished with the remaining coriander leaves.