- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- Blend eggs, sugar, oil and lemon zest in a blender till smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda over this mixture
- Add half of the milk
- Fold the mixture till the flour is well incorporated.
- Add the remaining milk
- Lightly mix the batter
- Add lemon juice and mix again
- Pour the batter into a lined 7” rectangular mould.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 35-40 minutes