Mint, Coriander and Coconut Chutney
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves (Pudina)
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 4 green chilies
- 3 tablespoons split black gram dal (urad dal)
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a small, shallow pan/wok.
- Add the split black gram dal to it and fry until these turn light brown.
- Add cumin seeds and fry for few seconds.
- In the same pan, add chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chilies. Sauté for a minute
- Turn off the flame.
- Cool the above mix and add it to a blender and mix, to form a coarse paste.
- Add grated coconut, salt, tamarind paste and little water. Grind well to a fine paste.
- Based on your preference, you can add more water if required, to adjust the consistency of this chutney.