Macaroni and Cheese
- 400 gm macaroni
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- In a bowl, combine the cheese and set aside
- Heat a large pot of sated water
- When it boils, cook the macaroni according to package directions minus 1-2 minutes
- Drain the macaroni. Cover and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the flour and stir till the raw smell goes away
- Gradually add the milk and whisk till smooth. Cook until the sauce thickens slightly and switch off the heat
- Add 1.5 cups of the cheese and let it melt after whisking.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and chilli flakes
- Add the pasta to the sauce.
- Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle the remaining cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes till golden and bubbly.